April 9th, 2015
I’m now in the second week of the One Room Challenge and I have to admit, being a part of it is really motivating me to work on my list of things to do. If you didn’t get a chance to see my plans from week one, you can read all about them here.
I have made some progress over the last week, which was good considering Easter weekend was in there. We had an amazing weekend that was spent with friends and family. There was lots of delicious food in there and of course, lots of chocolate. Nathan went to his first Easter egg hunt.. pretty exciting!
Alright, back to the challenge.
- Upgrade our queen bed to a king – We tested out beds last week and got a feel for what we want. We are going back out tomorrow to make the final selection!
- Paint the room
- Pick out fabrics- Ordered swatches from Tonic Living, will hopefully decide and order fabric in the next week or 2!
- Purchase a rug that actually fits the room and bed
- Reconfigure the room to fit the king bed and 2 nightstands while keeping a makeup vanity and the dresser
- Ask my mom to make custom curtains (Don’t worry Mom, I will help!)
- Make an upholstered headboard
- Refinish 2 nightstands that I bought from a garage sale
- Refinish and reupholster a chair for my makeup vanity
- Decide on wall decor
- Replace the closet doors, ceiling light, and finish whatever else needs to be done to make this room our perfect retreat! – I ordered new bedding from West Elm during their bedding event and picked out new pulls from Lee Valley.
OK so I still have a lot to do… I thought I made good progress but after going through my list I don’t feel like I did haha. Once I choose the fabrics, I think that will help me get going with most items on the list.
Here is the lovely duvet cover I ordered:
via West Elm
Things that make you go hmmm…
I still haven’t decided what I want for a headboard, do I want a solid, stripe or a floral fabric? I think I would love a floral print for a guest or kids bedroom so I’m close to knocking that off the list. I asked Matt and said he would like a stripe…
For our bedroom I would think solid is a safe bet but I should get a better idea once I see the swatches.
I will have more to share next Thursday for week 3!
via Calling it Home