March 24th, 2014
Being at home on maternity leave, I do try to go to the gym (to lose the last bit of baby weight) but doing this with a baby is tough! I need to make sure that I try to eat as healthy as I can during the day so I’m now trying out new recipes. I thought I would start sharing some of the ones that I love and work for me!
Healthy snacks are important to have during the day. I love muffins but as most of you know, they are usually filled with high amounts of sugar and fat. Have a look at this recipe by Maija that I found over at Yummy Mummy Club.
I modify the recipe a bit when I make these muffins:
- I add about 1/4 cup almond milk so that I can make 12 muffins instead of 10
- I love fruit so I add about 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- Add walnuts in the mix or on the top of the muffins
- Instead of adding 1/2 cup of sugar I will either use less or just a few tablespoons of raw honey
- I tried out the blender a few times but I usually like mixing it on my own in a bowl
Some kitchen items from Williams-Sonoma that I couldn’t live without…